In this update, we revisited some of our older core plugins and provided more than just a fresh coat of paint. Most notably, the Starred plugin is going away in favor of its successor: Bookmarks.
The Starred core plugin is going away. Introducing: Bookmarks.
Bookmark just about anything in Obsidian: files, folders, graphs, searches, headings, blocks. Organize your bookmarks in the much more robust Bookmark view. Reorder bookmarks with drag-and-drop. Create Bookmark Groups to organize your bookmarks into collapsible sections.
Search UI improvements
We've reorganized the Search UI to make things more intuitive and make room for more options. Like being able to bookmark search queries right from here:
Hotkey settings improvements
New filtering options
Search by hotkey
- Added Editor setting to open new tabs in the background.
- Suggest modals now support "page down" and "page up" as well as "home" and "end" keys for faster keyboard navigation.
- Links with folder paths will now automatically insert an alias to the base filename (e.g.
[[folder/file]] will expand to
- Added "Close tab group" command as well as option to close a tab group from the tab group dropdown menu.
- Canvas: Fixed query blocks not rendering in text cards.
- Export to PDF will now always export in "light mode."
- Fixed slider tooltip overlapping with cursor.
- macOS: Fixed Export to PDF rendering the wrong font.
- Fixed folding arrows being misaligned on list items.
- macOS: double-clicking the sidebar close buttons in the window frame will no longer trigger the window getting fullscreened.
- Fixed "Fold more" command not folding the current line if the cursor is on top of a heading.